Nonsurgical Treatment for Back Pain
,Injections are a common non-surgical treatment solution for people experiencing back pain or injury. The procedures are performed by physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors.
A nurse will call you one business day prior to your procedure, between 12:00 and 4:30 p.m. He/she will inform you of your arrival time and review your medical history and medications. You MUST arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your procedure.
- Some procedures require that you do not eat or drink ANYTHING six hours prior. Please follow the specific instructions given to you during your time call.
- You may need to hold your maintenance pain medications or anticoagulant medications, please follow the specific instructions given to you by the nurse when he/she calls you.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Insulin, snack if you have a gluten allergy, asthma inhaler, pacemaker, or cardiodefibrillator records
- Wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing, preferably no belt around the waist
- Bring driver’s license, or photo ID, insurance card, and co-payment.
- Leave all other items of value at home (i.e. jewelry, cash, credit cards).
- Do not wear perfume, cologne, or jewelry the day of your procedure.
Please call Cascade Surgicenter at 541-322-2395 or call your physician at 541-382-3344 if you develop a sore throat, fever, or illness. This is an elective procedure and should be cancelled if you are ill.