OUTPATIENT TOTAL JOINT PROCEDURES
In 2015, Cascade Surgicenter was Central Oregon’s first medical facility that was able to provide same-day hip and knee joint replacements in an outpatient setting. The advancements in pain management techniques, such as longer lasting local anesthetics and a pharmaceutical approach to limit the use of opioids, made this possible. In addition, the physicians at The Center made a commitment to improve patient and family education, preparation, and follow up. The program’s success is based on careful patient selection, patient commitment, and home recovery protocols.
Cascade Surgicenter was also the first surgery center in Central Oregon to offer robotic-arm assisted total knee and total hip replacement with Stryker’s Mako System. This advanced robotic technology transforms the way joint replacement surgery is performed, enabling surgeons to care for a wide variety of patients with increased accuracy.
A nurse will call you one business day prior to your procedure, between 12:00 and 4:30 p.m. He/she will inform you of your arrival time and review your medical history and medications. You MUST arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your procedure.
WHAT TO BRING:
- All your medications except (herbs, vitamins, or supplements)
- Front wheeled walker
- Total joint replacement guide
- List of post-op appointments
- Thigh high TED hose (for total knee replacements)
- Glasses, hearing aids, denture containers, and an extra pair of clothes
- Bring the following items if needed: Insulin, asthma inhaler, pacemaker records
- DO NOT bring valuables